"The way to happiness: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, expect little, give much. Scatter sunshine. Forget self, think of others. Try this for a week and you will be surprised." - Norman Vincent Peale
![]() |
| The Gift of Friends |
Sometimes as a parent, I get lost in the details of day to day life and caught up in the bills and overwhelming amount of tasks that I forget the big picture and to have fun.
This week, I had to figure out how to pay for the school that's really helping my kid thrive with her dyslexia, get someone to sit in the doctor's office for about 3 hours while I get an upper endoscopy and figure out how to pay for camp, and take care of my toothache - I need four crowns. Ouch.
After railing in my parent's group about being a single parent and pitching a fit, I was ready to move on. I forgave a couple people who were ticking the spit out of me, I thought about the many stupid things I have done and am doing and forgave myself. Well, not yet, but I am working on it.
And I was able to look up and see the many wonderful people around and appreciate the smiles of others, listen to their problems and not think about my own. I concentrated on being of service and found the gift of friends. I just sort of shut up and listened, and found a bouquet of friends. And they are beautiful.
The Gift of Friends is available as an 8x10" archival print. Send me a message and I will get you what you need!
"Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!" - Anne Frank

No comments:
Post a Comment