Sunday, April 28, 2013

Little Mundo Awesome Canvas Wraps and Tiles - The "Possibility" of "Dahlia Joy" in "Honey in the Cross"

If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it. - John Irving

I love the scene in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade when Indiana is going after the Holy Grail and he's almost there. But then he sees the cave with the Cup he's after. It's across a deep chasm with no path. And he's petrified. Well, that's how I feel sometimes.

But he stepped out and the path appeared. It was there all the time, he just couldn't see it. But he did cross, picked the right cup out of a dazzling array of gold and jewel-crusted cups. It was the modest one made by a carpenter. And he filled it with water blessed to save his dad. (Ok, spoiler alert, but the movie is 24 years old).

So here goes my little mundo selection of works available - all proceeds go to send my kiddo to camp, a Christian Girls Camp in the mountains of North Carolina, where my dad cooked forty years ago, and where I went as a kid. At this camp, the girls learn to bear the fruits of the spirit.


 Honey In the Cross



There's nothing I love as much as honeysuckle. I wait for its sweet smell. And Tender little flowers that bloom wildly  along our hedges. Once it starts growing it's hard to stop. It's like when we reach out to love one another. I remember once I suggested we plant honeysuckle. My father was aghast because honeysuckle is hard to control. But isn't that the point? Love is destined to grow and envelop all of us. It's hard to control. Sometimes that love comes from sorrow and from much love and courage.

Click to see it available as a 11x14" canvas gallery wrap
or a 6x8" decorative ceramic tile


 
Possibility 

At my daughter's school, a special school just for kids with dyslexia and language based learning differences, everyday the teachers are uncovering the beautiful minds and possibility of the kids to achieve all they can. They believe in the kids, in their abilities to excel and are armed with the knowledge of how to grow the potential of these kids, much like a gardener knows how to grow a beautiful flower. So much possibility abounds.


Click to see it available as a 10x10" canvas gallery wrap 
or a 6x6" ceramic decorative tile 



Dahlia Joy 




Last year, my daughter was diagnosed with dyslexia and she has embraced it full on. While she was being tutored in a wonderful school that helps kids with such challenges, I spent time in their garden restoring my soul.

This is one of the flowers from their garden. And I knew these teachers were going to walk with us. I am not completely over grieving this dyslexia. But I have learned to appreciate other ways of learning. My child's mind is a marvelous thing.
 Click here to see it available as 11x14" canvas gallery wrap
or a a 6x8" decorative ceramic tile


If there are any other selections you're interested in, please see my other work here
or send me a message


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment