“Put on your own oxygen mask before assisting others.” Randy Pausch, among others
![]() |
| Tree Haven |
I heard something that struck me today - I was half listening to a single mom who had made it to the other side. Although truth be told, I was half listening because I was rushing to get some work done. But it did seep through, yes, right now things are chaotic. I have more bills than hair in my head, and believe me, that's one thing I have, very thick hair. And I am a single parent and having a procedure tomorrow and I need someone to sit for 3 hours in the office with me. And all my friends either work, are gone or are taking care of an older loved one they can't leave alone.
Yep, it's chaotic. And this woman was talking about making time for yourself. I am sitting here rushing through my huge to-do list freaking out about paying my kiddo's camp fee, as much for her and the fun she will have as for the week I will have by myself, thinking what in the beegeezbus is she talking about. That's just one more thing to add to my to-do list. I have two exams to take, a documentary to be prepped and sent off to be printed, library books to be returned, prescriptions to be picked up, and $1,900 to be raised pronto. And after midnight, I can't eat.
I am looking forward to the procedure, if anything to get a couple hours to rest. But then it dawned on me. There's chaos now, but there won't always be chaos.
I am blessed. I love what I do. There's fear and doubt but there's encouragement for me at a click of the mouse.
This I know now thanks to that single mom that I can and must take time for me. I can ask for help and give help. My sweet brother and his wife are driving a couple hours on their 42nd wedding anniversary to be with me. And I might not know where the money will come from, but I can work for a miracle, asking and believing and praying on my feet. Chaotic it might be around me but in my soul it is well.
So today, I can sit for 15 minutes and enjoy the trees and claim my Haven of Peace, recharged to do that which I am blessed to be able to do, photograph the joy and wonder around me, be a good mom and hopefully a good friend and sister.
Tree Haven is available as an 11x14" archival print Click to see what's available or Send me a message with questions.
~ Billie
"Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!" - Anne Frank

No comments:
Post a Comment