Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Celebrating Mother's Day


I am so excited about the next best Holiday - Mother's Day. I think it because I see all these wonderful mothers around me and realize how changing diapers, watching my kiddo learn to walk with my dad's walker, balancing taking her to preschool and cleaning my father's wounds, crying over learning she had a learning challenge and watching them both dance has changed me. For the better.

While watching Life of Pi last night, I was struck by what Pi says at the end as tears roll down his cheek. He regrets that he never got to thank his dad for what he taught Pi. Tears rolled down my cheek, too. I was struck that I never got to really tell my mother what she taught me. And I would like to honor her and the many moms who really run this world.

Starting on Friday, I am going to start a blog - 30 days of celebrating Mother's Day with art work that inspires me to let our light shine. And I would love to hear about how your mom influenced you or how being a mother changed you. My mom was a short little thing who smoked Virginia Slims, cracked jokes and made me think about the world and how wonderful is the diverse people in the world. She was a stitch. I carried around for years a little piece of notebook paper she once sent me - It said "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you and you know what else. I love you!" I kept it for years. And you know what else. I love my mom, too.



Come join me starting on Friday to celebrate Moms!

Happy early Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment