Friday, August 3, 2012

My Cup Runneth Over

I was reminded of this when I saw my friend Deby Dearman say this. This past year, Deby, a singer lost her voice. I was struck as if by a thunderbolt. This year we found that my very bright kiddo has dyslexia - verbal is high but reading and writing not so much. After years of watching her struggle, we got the diagnosis and I cried. Her goals and dreams were dimming. And yet, here we have one of the best schools for dyslexia. A few weeks of tutoring and she's happy again - light and smiling. This year she will spend a year at the Key School.

Our Cup runneth over - with possibility and new friends. Spending time in gardens has been my solace and reminder that comfort and joy are all around. To Celebrate, I made a set of 8 handcrafted greeting cards 5x7 on ivory card with original 4x6" photographic prints.

Click here to view an auction of these greeting cards












Click here to view an auction of these greeting cards


I also had so much fun taking this picture at the Key School and then had to turn it into a painting. I made it into an 8x10" canvas gallery wrap.




Click here to view an auction of this canvas gallery wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment