![]() |
| The Wonder of It All |
I recently heard that the best way to be happy is to be of service. And I have learned to wake up and ask myself how can I be of service. This is a new thought for me, as I usually feel mired in figuring out how to pay for the next bill.
Recently I asked two moms who aren't in my field over while our daughters were dancing. We ate cake while our kiddos danced, sorry kids, and I asked them what they thought I should do with my art. Both resoundingly said - do a workshop for kids, teach them to do what you do.
Man, I thought - I would have loved that as a kid. A week to dip into the joy of creating in the camera. A week to learn how we are all artists from the time before we could remember. And to let them turn the camera to capture their world. Kids with Cameras is an organization that goes to countries where children are marginalized and teaches these precious kids to value their imaginations and have a confidence and bright hope for their future.
Why not do that here in my beautiful area of the world? What a way to be of service and have a ton of fun. So this June we're going to have 6-8 young children, around ages 10-15, and show them how to use a camera to make better pictures. But more importantly, we're going to let their imaginations fly, and create a vision of their wonderful world.
Anyone interested in this workshop for their kids, send me a message

No comments:
Post a Comment