Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mama Rose N Babies - Embracing Womanhood

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.  It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.  We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.  ~Albert Schweitzer

Mama Rose n Babies


I am often stunned by friends who are moms - I learn so much from them. I met D'Arsie before she was a mom, before Felix and before Rosie. And what I loved was her style. She has never tried to fit into what we think a woman should be culturally - she loved my wacky hair, urging me not to straighten it. She is unabashedly herself - fitting into no mold but D'Arsie. She has her own opinions and wry sense of humor and her love of Mamahood.

As a young new wife, she lived in the house I lived in and Hated as a teen. It was dark, damp and cold. But not with D'Arsie. It was full of beads, and color, and vintage suitcases that were full of treasures. Well, maybe full of treasure, that's what I thought were inside. She made walking into that house after 30 years a breath of fresh air. The curtains seemed to shimmer and the back room, that had once been mine, source of my teen angst (truth told I was the source of my teen angst), was full of nooks and crannies of little beads and suitcases and material and Fun! 

It then is no surprise that this woman, mom, metal artist (Mamacita Beadworks) lives and works "from down deep in my sweet mama soul. I believe that if you love what you do, you wake up everyday in heaven." And she's an example because she's authentically D'Arsie, dressing in her own style, embracing her hair and shining bright. 

This is from a blog she liked on facebook, so since she liked in and she always reminds me to be authentically me, I read it: It's from Andrea Scher and her blog on her site, Superhero Life


And then we write a new story.
Mine is this: The more I shine, the more others shine in my presence. The more success I have, the more I inspire others. - Andrea Scher

And D'Arsie shines like this Mama Rose! Bright, Beautiful, with little babies who are blessed because they have an living example to do the same!

Mama Rose n Babies is available as an 11x14" archival print. Click to see what's available or message me with questions. Hey, I would love to hear about your experiences being a mom!! 

Billie


"Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!"     -  Anne Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment