Tuesday, April 23, 2013

From Whence Cometh My Strength

I think my mother...made it clear that you have to live life by your own terms and you have to not worry about what other people think and you have to have the courage to do the unexpected. - Caroline Kennedy



From Whence Cometh My Strength



I live in one of the most beautiful places on earth, the mountains around Asheville. Often, I have criticized people who live in the shadow of the Mountains here who bitterly complain about life - if they just looked up, they would be inspired and grateful. But I realize I do the same thing. Moaning about being a single parent, bills piling up, laid off and then hired only to have the position eliminated before I start. All those are real concerns, but...

But here's the big but. I have the choice here to do something unexpected, to use this gift that is God-given to do something wonderful, something wonderful for me and for my kid. To be a light to show people the beauty and wonder of the world. And we all do, even when it's tough.

Yesterday, I was at the doctor's office and I was pleasantly enchanted by the nurse. She was kind and gentle, and warm. I was surprised by the depth of her kindness. And I see people like this everyone, often moms who are working out in the world, or taking classes to be a better parent, or organizing an auction to raise money for their school. All giving and developing strength and loving kindness. Their lives are an art.

So how should I not share mine, so my daughter might learn to share hers?


From Whence Cometh My Strength is available as an 8x10" archival print.  Send me a message and I will get you what you need!


"Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!"     -  Anne Frank


No comments:

Post a Comment