Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Let It Be
Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature - Gerard De Nerval
When darkness comes, the rose in the garden reminds me that there is joy and sorrow and that they can exist together.
I started photographing flowers this summer when I was photographing my hometown, Asheville. I had forgotten for many years how wonderful the summers here are. How wonderful are the colors of the roses in front of the Basilica. How majestic are the flowers in front of the Grove Arcade. Soon I was photographing flowers and I was comforted. It was a hard time - money was scarce just as my kiddo was diagnosed with dyslexia and we were embraced by the Key School. And that meant we needed more. But just as roses shine in the midst of darkness, so do our kids, our friends old and new.
And all is well when we let it be.
Click here to contact me for prints, cards, canvas gallery wraps, and special requests
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment